27 Aug The Importance of Google Local Listings in 2019
If you are selling products and services locally, you need to put a huge emphasis on Google Local Listings. Ranking high in the local listings and being visible in the local pack gives you a significant advantage over your competition and allows you to establish yourself as a force to be reckoned with in the local market.
According to Google, the two most important resources mobile users are looking at before making a purchase are Google results and customer reviews. Most consumers will trust reviews left by their peers on Google Maps, Yelp or other local websites. They’ll also have confidence in Google when it comes to the local 3-pack.
For example, if you get listed in the 3-pack, you have up to 20% more chances to convert. You’ll also gain up to 50% more traffic to your listing and to your site.
Let’s take a closer look at what local listings actually are and why it is crucial for your success in 2019 and beyond.
Google Local Listings & Local SEO
When your local business gets featured in Google Maps, local directories, or Google My Business, that’s when you gain visibility to local customers. The local listings concept falls under the wider hat of local SEO.
Local SEO includes all the digital tactics you do on-site and off-site to ensure that you can be found by local customers searching for what you have to offer. For example, if you own a pizza shop in Atlanta and you target local customers or visitors to your city, you might want to be featured in the 3-pack when people are looking for a place to eat in the city.
You also want to appear on various platforms and review sites. If you have an app, you want your app to be found by people looking to reserve a table at your restaurant. Moreover, you want to make it easy for new customers to check the menu, see working hours and contact you via phone or email.
Google Local Listing Benefits
If you are listed in Google My Business and you rank high in the local listing, you can enjoy the following benefits for your company:
– Gain instant trust: customers trust Google above all else, so they’ll also trust companies Google endorses
– Engage better with your customers: you can easily share your business information on your listings. You can also communicate announcements or create promotions right on your listing in the 3-pack
– Get more sales: probably the biggest and most significant benefit you can get out of proper Google Local Listing optimization is that you will be able to skyrocket your sales. You will show up for most common queries that convert really well, so you’ll also make more sales.
Optimization Tips for Local Listing
Optimizing your business for Google local listing is a tedious process that takes time and a lot of effort. However, here are some basic tips that you can do to get it started:
1. Get NAP citations: NAP stands for name, address and phone number. You want this information to appear on relevant local directories and websites, so that people can easily find you when searching for your contact information.
2. Optimize your Google my Business: your Google my Business listing is paramount for your success. Optimize your property with up-to-date information and earn your spot in the 3-pack listings.
3. Optimize your site for local search: this includes adding a Google Map widget, optimizing your site for mobile traffic and including reviews & testimonials.
4. Build links: local links from citation sites and business directories are key to your success. Partner up with non-profits, local bloggers, local figures and small businesses to become famous in your area and get organic links to your site.
5. Respond to your reviews: getting reviews is not enough. You need to respond to them and ensure your prospects get answers to all of their questions. Moreover, use the Q & A section to your advantage and create strong connections with your potential customers.
As you can notice, optimizing your business for ranking high in Google Local Listing is quite a tedious process. It requires the hand of experts with proven experience in local SEO.
To learn more about optimizing your business locally, contact us at LightHouse Graphics. Our expert SEO team can help optimize your listing to drive visits to your site and boost sales.